Stock Controller-Windermere 39 Hours Fixed Term
Windermere Windermere Alexandra Buildings LA23 1BQ 54.3791642 -2.9017652
About the role
Fixed Term Maternity Cover 12 Months
Hours - 39
It’s a place where innovative cookware and inspirational homewares go hand in hand with passionate people and exceptional service. It started as a small family business in a garage in Windermere and now boasts 67 stores nationwide and overseas franchised stores.
Come and develop your skills and career in a respected thriving family owned company that nurtures its colleagues and cares about its customers.
We're looking for a Stock Controller to work in our Buying department at our head office in Windermere. You will:
- Ensure that sales and profit are maximised on your product ranges and markdowns are kept to a minimum, through having the right stock in the right place, at the right time
- Effectively manage the stocks of your department skus, ensuring that contracts and orders are placed as required and pulled forward/moved back when necessary to avoid over/under stocks
- Contribute to the trading of the department, providing performance information as required and reacting accordingly with stock actions
- Keep the stock valuation of your products as low as possible without compromising sales
- Assist the team with decisions on ranging, promotions and discontinuations, aided by your knowledge of the stock situation by sku
- Work closely with Merchandisers/Senior Merchandisers to manage supplier relationships to support effective end to end stock management.
- Work with the Merchandisers/Senior Merchandisers to ensure that the WSSI sku roll ups are in line with category level budgets, identifying any anomalies and proposing action plans to achieve department and business KPIs
As Stock Controller you will work closely with all members of your Buying & Merchandising team to effectively optimise the sales on the products that you manage and ensure our product winners are supported with stock whilst slow sellers are efficiently managed out of the business. You will demonstrate the Values and Behaviours of the business through your relationships and a conscientious approach to the job in hand.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Essential – the ‘must haves’
- Articulate, effective communicator with an ability to deal diplomatically at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure that tight deadlines are met
- Have the ability to work independently as well as fit into a small-established team
- Will be challenged by a fast pace role with a high interruption level
- Have a broad knowledge of computer systems and in time Lakeland’s internal software system. Minimum of intermediate Excel skills
- A creative, innovative approach to problems
- Proven negotiation skills.
- GCSE grade C/level 4 or above in maths and English or equivalent qualification
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
- Work experience in a multi-channel retail business
- Knowledge of Lakeland products
- Understanding of Lakeland’s internal software system
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent qualification or equivalent professional experience