Distribution Centre Team Leader
Kendal Kendal Lakeland, Distribution Centre, Westmorland Business Park, Shap Road LA9 6NW 54.346714 -2.740914
Kendal Distribution Centre
About the Role
We want to be celebrated for bringing excitement, innovation and fun to people's homes and lives. We do this through our extraordinary products that are sold with devotion and flair.
As a Distribution Centre Team Leader you will support the Co-ordinators and Distribution Centre Managers to ensure that all day-to-day area targets and Key Performance Indicators are achieved, whilst also making sure the department has a positive effect on customer relations and the team.
Role modelling the Lakeland values and behaviours at all times, you will supervise activities relating to the efficient and accurate, receipt, storage, pick, pack and distribution of orders, managing people in your task area so that tasks are completed on time and to the required standards.
The Distribution centre works on a shift pattern rota that will include late shifts, earlies and weekend cover. You must be available to work these hours and days for this position to be suitable for you.
To join our Lakeland family, you’ll need to demonstrate your experience of leading teams, you'll need to demonstrate an ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
You'll have strong verbal and written communication skills and will be able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure. As an existing leader you’ll be PC literate with the ability to use software systems. Previous experience in a similar role in a warehouse environment is not essential but desirable.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Essential – the ‘must haves’
• Experience of managing and leading people
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence colleagues
• A high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner
• The ability to allocate time effectively, handling multiple demands and competing priorities
• The ability to work under pressure
• PC literate with the ability to use software systems
• To be a qualified First Aider and/or Fire Warden as per departmental requirements (training will be provided if required)
• To be IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) qualified as per departmental requirements (training will be provided if required).
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
• Existing knowledge of Lakeland and our products
• Experience of interviewing and recruiting colleagues
• Experience of working within a warehousing environment.
Kendal Distribution Centre