Digital Marketing Manager
Windermere Windermere Alexandra Buildings LA23 1BQ 54.3791642 -2.9017652
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will lead the digital traffic acquisition for lakeland.co.uk. You will manage, prioritise and develop profitable growth across social, PPC and affiliate marketing channels.
This is 15 month fixed term contract and a secondment opportunity for existing Lakeland employees.
You will manage third party contracts including Google, Microsoft and Digital Marketing agencies. In addition, you will act as a key liaison across the wider marketing team, working closely with the Ecommerce, Content and Loyalty teams. You will embrace the Lakeland values and behaviours in every aspect of your role.
• Responsible for circa £20m revenue across our social, PPC and affiliate marketing channels, and growing this significantly and profitability within the next 3 years
• Budget responsibility of circa £2.5m, making a case for more investment based on return on advertising spend (ROAS)
• To perform activities that deliver the digital traffic acquisition targets for the lakeland.co.uk website
• To build and implement the annual digital marketing strategy ensuring alignment to the business objectives and brand values
• To proactively input into the marketing content plan to ensure digital marketing spend is focussed across relevant categories and channels at the optimum time
• Working with the Head of Brand and Acquisition to develop successful partnerships with new digital agency partners, ensuring industry best practice is deployed with internal product/systems knowledge
• To identify key target audiences who can be reached via our social channels and serve them relevant and engaging brand and/or product content
• To manage our affiliate marketing programme, evaluating the role of different affiliate partners and their importance within the marketing mix
• To manage and prioritise the digital marketing search activity in line with both strategic and tactical plans
• To act as a ‘super user’ of social media platforms (primarily Facebook) and PPC bid management tools, using these to manage campaign and portfolio performance
• Working with agency support to implement PPC campaigns, optimising ad text, negative key words and landing page destinations to achieve ROAS targets
• To manage the PPC portfolio structure and associated budgets; optimising spend by portfolio as well as managing and reporting on the ROAS both at an average and incremental level
• To manage third party vendors related to search spend and the associated contracts, invoicing and budgetary controls
• To take a leading role in digital marketing projects, driving innovation and business development on a long term basis
• Although the role does not have any line management responsibility, you will be supported on social and affiliate marketing activity by the Communications and Admin Exec (reporting into the Communications Manager) and therefore expected to actively coach and help coordinate tasks
• The role will act as a leader within the wider Marketing team and the ability to be respected by your peers, without the benefit of hierarchy, is important