Digital Marketing Executive-SEO & PPC
Windermere Windermere Alexandra Buildings LA23 1BQ 54.3791642 -2.9017652
As a Digital Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for all SEO and PPC traffic acquisition for Lakeland.co.uk.
You will work together with the Digital Marketing Executive (Social & Affiliates), having the skills and ability to step in and run the Social & affiliate traffic channels at any time.
We want to be at the forefront of consumers’ minds when people are shopping for products from our core categories, so you will need to ensure that the Lakeland brand is always positively portrayed for innovation, outstanding quality, extraordinary customer service and value for money in our social and affiliate marketing.
You will embrace the Lakeland values and behaviours in every aspect of the role
About The Role
To be responsible for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) traffic and PPC traffic (primarily Google and Bing) for Lakeland.co.uk.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager in driving circa £20m revenue through SEO and PPC channels, managing a budget circa. £2m.
- To respond tactically to external and internal trends, trading the search activity to drive performance
- To manage alongside the Digital Marketing Executive (Social and affiliates) a rolling 52-week schedule of digital marketing content activity that is in line with the brand and product stories detailed within our commercial marketing calendar
- To increase brand awareness, website traffic, and ultimately grow sales for the business, through effective SEO marketing.
- To keep abreast of SEO, PPC and Social industry developments and actively reviewing new ideas, functionality, innovations and external benchmarks
- To brief and manage the end-to-end creative production process for SEO marketing, ensuring guides, copy blocks etc. are engaging and commercially robust.
- To liaise closely with relevant agencies where required, making sure that all stakeholders are always working together in the most effective manner – managing delivery times, budgets and acting as quality control for any work undertaken
- To act as a ‘super user’ of SEO & PPC tools, using these to prioritise actions and initiatives and report on the impact of these.
- To work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing Executive (Social and Affiliates), communicating cooperatively and having mutual visibility of shared tasks and workload.
- To be responsible for the social and affiliate traffic channels in the absence of the Digital Marketing Executive (Social and Affiliates)
- To conduct regular keyword research, providing recommendations to inform: product naming product copy, creative content production and taxonomy,
- To implement PPC campaigns using PPC bid management tools and Google Ads to achieve advertising spend (ROAS) targets
- To manage PPC campaigns; creating of ad copy, reporting and budget setting as well as optimising the best landing page experience for the ads
- To use Adobe Analytics to drive insight on performance and recommend actions to improve the performance of search traffic.
- To proactively secure inbound links to improve organic search rankings for identified keywords.
- To take a supporting and at times a leading role in digital marketing projects, driving innovation and business development on a long-term basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Essential – the ‘must haves’
- 2+ years’ experience in a digital marketing role.
- Experience of using SEO tools as well as technical SEO best practice.
- Experience of managing PPC accounts.
- Good understanding of Adobe Analytics or other web analytics tools.
- A strong self-starter who is intellectually curious
- A high level of attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Friendly and outgoing personality with excellent personal communication and relationship building skills, both with fellow colleagues and external suppliers/contacts
- Effective at analysing, planning and organising your work, setting daily deadlines of what you aim to achieve and delivering them by the end of the day wherever possible in order to effectively manage your time
- Highly computer literate, with the ability to work in both PC and Mac environments, with an intermediate or higher level of experience with the MS Office suite
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills (GCSE grades B (equivalent) or above in English Grammar and Maths
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
- A knowledgeable social media user, with a detailed understanding of all social channels and emerging technologies/platforms
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop software
- A good understanding of the Lakeland business, our products and culture.
- Numeracy based degree or further education
- 3rd party supplier management experience