Milton Keynes Milton Keynes 152-154 Midsummer Arcade, thecentre:mk MK9 3BA 52.043992 -0.753102
About the role
Fixed Term until 31 March 2020
It’s a place where innovative cookware and inspirational homewares go hand in hand with passionate people and exceptional service. It started as a small family business in a garage in Windermere and now boasts 67 stores nationwide and overseas franchised stores.
Come and develop your skills and career in a respected thriving family owned company that nurtures its colleagues and cares about its customers.
We need friendly and approachable people in our retail stores to help our customers choose innovative and exciting products.
To come and work for our fabulous company you will need:
- To contribute to the success of the store by maximising sales opportunities
- To ensure that every customer has a positive and enjoyable shopping experience in store
- To engage with our customers by being proactive, listening and promoting relevant offers to meet their individual needs
- To resolve any customer enquiries, issues or concerns personally
- To effectively operate technology to deliver good stock management, sales opportunities and extraordinary service.
Naturally our stores are busy, so you’re likely to be on the go all day delivering the best possible experience for our customers and supporting all aspects of running a store from deliveries, merchandising and restocking to till and PC procedures.
Benefits include:- 20% Company Discount- Graded Pay Scheme- Pension Scheme Opportunities- Company uniform.
All our vacancies involve early and late shifts and weekend working. Your working pattern is on a flexible rota basis which you will be provided with a month in advance.
Please note if we receive a high number of suitable applications we may close the vacancy prior to the closing date. If you are interested in this role please apply as soon as possible.
As a Retail Colleague you are the face of the Lakeland Brand in every step of the customer journey. With an expert knowledge of our products and a “selling through service” mind-set, you will ensure we surprise and delight our customers with extraordinary and proactive service. You will ensure that excellent operational standards are achieved and in so doing will help to make the store as profitable and successful as possible. You will embrace the Lakeland values in every aspect of your role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Essential – the ‘must haves’
• A proactive, confident and positive approach when talking to customers
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• The ability to operate EPOS tills accurately and efficiently
• To be able to deliver a high standard of stock presentation and replenishment
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Effective time management skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
• A positivity and openness to change.
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
• Existing knowledge of Lakeland and our products.