Finance Officer - Accounts Payable
Windermere Windermere Alexandra Buildings LA23 1BQ 54.3791642 -2.9017652
About the role
35 hours - Permanent - Salary role
We want to be celebrated for bringing excitement, innovation and fun to people's homes and lives. We do this through our extraordinary products that are sold with devotion and flair.
We're looking for a Finance Officer Accounts Payable to join our Finance team. This role is key within a team of six handling the day to day operation of the accounts payable function. The team's main responsibility is to ensure that our UK and international suppliers are paid promptly and accurately.
To help facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the company's purchase ledgers by undertaking various tasks as and when required. Processing of invoices. Matching payments and making payments. Ensure suppliers are paid correctly and in a timely manner. You will role model the Lakeland values and behaviours at all times.
Drives Business Success (key outputs that form the basis of the role in terms of deliverables and expectations)
• To check stock invoices to ensure these match the order number and goods received note. Includes checking price and quantity delivered to the invoice. To check price, quantity delivered to the invoice and entering the details onto the buying system.
• To ensure invoices are approved by the relevant manager where appropriate
• To liaise with other departments to ensure that invoices are approved on a timely basis
• To deal with queries on invoices from Suppliers and Managers
• To deal with the processing of payments to suppliers
• Supplier statement reconciliation. Obtaining and reconciling these to our accounting records
• Monitoring/ Resolving supplier debit balances
• Ensuring full advantage is taken of Supplier credit terms
• Reviewing aged creditor balances
• Reviewing in tray items
• Payment matching
• Providing holiday cover mainly for the purchase ledger
Knowledge, skills and experience
Essential - the 'must haves'
- Experience of working within an accounts payable role
- Good experience of using PC's, IT and Finance systems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to allocate time effectively, handling multiple demands and competing priorities
- A confidential approach to work
- Excellent numeracy skills.
Desirable - 'the nice to haves'
- Previous experience using Coda Financials.