Digital Marketing Manager
Windermere Windermere Alexandra Buildings LA23 1BQ 54.3791642 -2.9017652
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will lead the digital traffic acquisition for Lakeland.co.uk. You will manage, prioritise and develop profitable growth across affiliates, display, SEO, PPC and social marketing channels.
You will manage internal resources as well as managing all 3rd party contracts including Google, Microsoft and Adobe. In addition, you will act as a key liaison across the wider digital and marketing team, working closely with the content, PR and CRM teams. You will embrace the Lakeland values and behaviours in every aspect of your role.
About the role
Drives Business Success
• Responsible for circa £20M revenue through paid channels and circa £30M revenue through organic channels, growing both significantly.
• Budget responsibility of £2-3M, making a case for more investment based on ROAS.
• To perform activities that deliver the digital traffic acquisition targets for the Lakeland.co.uk website
• To build and implement the annual digital marketing strategy ensuring alignment to the business objectives and brand values.
• To proactively input into the marketing content plan to ensure digital marketing spend is focussed across relevant categories, channels at the optimum time.
• To lead and develop successful partnerships with new digital agency partners, ensuring industry best practice is deployed with internal product /systems knowledge.
• To manage the trade of and traffic mix across devices, categories and keywords to drive both business goals and the most profitable mix of search traffic
• To respond tactically to external and internal trends, trading the search activity to drive performance.
• To liaise across the wider ecommerce team to ensure digital trading and content, digital marketing and digital development activity supports the achievement of the targets
• To manage and prioritise the Digital Marketing search activity in line with both strategic and tactical plans
• To act as a ‘super user’ of SEO and PPC bid management tools as well as Ad Words, using these to manage campaign and portfolio performance.
• To implement PPC campaigns, optimising ad text, negative key words and landing page destinations to achieve return on advertising spend (ROAS) targets
• To manage the PPC portfolio structure and associated budgets; optimising spend by portfolio as well as managing and reporting on the ROAS both at an average and incremental level
• To use keyword research to optimise the website for search engines both from a technical and content perspective, driving the sites domain authority and improving the quality score for PPC campaigns
• To manage and proactively develop relationships with 3rd party digital agencies.
• To proactively secure inbound links to improve organic search rankings for identified keywords
• To use Adobe Analytics to drive insight on performance and recommend actions to improve the performance of search traffic
• To manage 3rd party vendors related to search spend and the associated contracts, invoicing and budgetary controls
• To deputise, when required, for the Head of Ecommerce
Being an Ambassador for Lakeland
• To uphold and demonstrate the Lakeland values and behaviours at all times, playing your part in making Lakeland a great place to work
• To be passionate about the Lakeland brand, consistently delivering positive and friendly service throughout the whole customer journey
• To represent the Lakeland brand by being polite and respectful with colleagues, customers, suppliers and visitors, working collaboratively, respectfully and positively with other members of the ecommerce team, the wider marketing team and other departments
• To be adaptable and positive about change, disrupting positively and being adaptable in taking on new challenges to meet the ever changing needs of Lakeland
• To build effective working relationships with other teams, contributing to the digitalisation of the wider Lakeland business
• To carry out any other reasonable duties that meet the day to day needs of customers and colleagues
• The role has line management responsibility for 2 Digital Marketing Executives this includes objective setting, monthly 121’s and annual reviews.
• In addition, the role will act as a leader within the wider ecommerce team and the ability to be respected by your peers, without the benefit of hierarchy, is important
Knowledge, Skills and experience
Essential – the ‘must haves’
• At least 5 years digital marketing experience
• Experience of using software programs Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Bing, Microsoft Office and other such programs.
• Experience running and growing expansive affiliate programs.
• Experience managing commercially paid social campaigns
• A good understanding of SEO, both at a technical and content level with the ability to write effective copy if required.
• A strong self-starter who is intellectually curious
• A high level of attention to detail
• An analytical mind-set with an approach based on data and logic
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as this role is a pivot point between a large number of internal and external parties
• Excellent project management skills, with experience of coordinating multiple resources and concurrent packages of work
• Educated to a minimum of degree level (preferably 2:1 or higher)
• Excellent numeracy, with GCSE Maths grade B or equivalent a minimum
• Confident managing and educating senior stakeholders across the business on digital marketing initiatives.
Desirable – the ‘nice to haves’
• Basic understanding of HTML
• Good understanding of Adobe Analytics or similar analytics package
• Excellent influencing and engaging skills
• 3rd party supplier management experience
• Experience working in a multichannel retail environment
• Experience managing and developing programmatic advertising strategies